Happy Hump-day Wildekats!!
Shout out to Sydney Rose for tagging me! Please, please, please go check out her blog!
I’ve never done a tag before, so this will be interesting to say the least. I have a lot of fun things planned for the next two weeks, a wedding, some exciting new blog topics, and my crytpicon adventure! I’ve never gone out of state for a convention before, I was living in Arizona when I went to the Phoenix Comic Con and I always get nominated for things in state so I don’t have to travel very far from my small Texas town. Crypticon is quite smaller than other cons but I’m so excited to participate. I also haven’t done my Black Canary Cosplay since High School *shudders from horrible memories* so it will be fun to revamp an old costume, especially since I’m blonde now!
But back to the tag. I’m not sure how these things go, I’m sure I need to tag other bloggers as well which I will do at the bottom. Sydney gave me ten questions to answer and I will answer them with complete honesty.
- What’s your favorite food and why?
- My favorite food of all time is macaroons! I eat a million other things daily that I couldn’t live without, like tea, biscuits and cereal, but Macaroons steal the top spot all day everyday. When I was in London, I met a guy at borough market who made them from scratch with natural flavors. After a nice chat he conned me into trying this bizarre blue cake thing (I had never had a macaroon before) and it was amaze-balls. I cried it was so good then proceeded to buy two of every flavor. Since then, my mom bought me my own macaroon kit and I make them with Queenie every time we get together. So far Raspberry is my favorite. It’s like a Jammy Dodger in macaroon form. *Le sigh*
- Do you have any pets?
- I did, I had two female twin cats named Von Kitty(Spazz) and Meredith. When I moved for college I was forced to leave them with a friend who has completely stolen their hearts. They are fat and happy and spend their days running around without a care in the world. But have no fear, I visit them once a month and when Anita and I move we are both getting service kittens. I personally want one of those hairless cats, do not ask me why because I will tell you then proceed to melt into a puddle from cuteness overload.
- If you had one wish granted, what would it be?
- Ooooooh, this is a hard one. Hmmm, let me think. I would have to say that if I could have one wish granted it would be for my novel to be published and make it to the top seller list so that I can fulfill my dreams of being a full time author living in a three story terrace in England somewhere with K and my two closest friends. Corny, I know. But England stole my heart and I am working hard every day to make that dream of mine come true. I spent a lot of time exploring London and Cambridge last summer and I couldn’t find one thing I didn’t like. York is pretty neat too, bottom line: I want to live in the UK. That is my one wish, and the best way for me to get there is to sell some books! (At least that’s how I want it to happen.)
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Not too long, about a year now. I started this particular blog my last year of college because one of my classes was amazing in every way and I had to share my experience. Blogging wasn’t something I had considered before then because I felt like I wasn’t interesting enough to blog, but so many people told me to start one, so I did! And now I get to share every adventure with you all!
- If you are binge watching a show, what is it?
- LOL. I think the proper question would be what isn’t Kat binge watching. I’m a spoonie; binge watching isn’t just a hobby, it’s a way of life. But if you must know I am currently binge watching Arrow, The 100 and Fairy Tail. Yes, all at the same time. This is the reason I don’t get anything done…ever. Anita opened up a world of feels when she introduced me to the anime world, so in order to balance out my feelings I alternate between shows. I just finished The Flash and Supergirl last week. And when I’m feeling down I binge watch Doctor Who or Gossip Girl. Want to know who binge watched all ten seasons of Gossip Girl and Supernatural in less than a month? ME.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life so far?
- This one is easy: Be kind, accepting, earnest and never settle. My grandmother told me this when I was little. In order to succeed in life you need to be kind, accepting and earnest not just with everything else, but also with yourself. We spend way too much time beating ourselves up over silly little things that we can’t see what’s beautiful about ourselves. You need to not only treat others the way you want to be treated, but to treat yourself that way as well. Being honest about who you are, loving and forgiving yourself for mistakes, faults and hardships is essential for happiness. How can you ever hope to love someone else, or allow someone to love you if you cannot love yourself? Covering up bad feelings or insecurities don’t make them go away. You cannot fool yourself into being happy. Trust me, I know. When I was diagnosed I was in denial for so long, I didn’t want to give up the glamorous life I thought I had even though I wasn’t really happy. Now that I’ve accepted who I am (chronic illnesses and all), I can focus on what matters.
- What made you decide to blog?
- Growing up I was bullied, but I was also a bully. I was always told I wasn’t good enough, not pretty enough, and weird. And sadly I took that out on younger students sometimes. I never verbally abused any one, but I was a gossip and most of the underclassmen were scared of me. High School shaped who I am as a person, and when I made it to college and was surrounded by so many beautiful encouraging people I realized something: I was weird. But that’s what made me beautiful, and that’s what made me good enough to do whatever I wanted. I traveled, tried new things, did what I wanted despite being told I couldn’t or rather shouldn’t. Once I figured out that being true to myself was all it took to have a fulfilling life, I wanted to share it. I wanted to help others, not just fellow spoonies, realize that they are so, so beautiful. It changed me as a person; I still have flaws but I’m better because I accepted them. It breaks my heart to see other people struggling in life, so when my friends kept telling me I should start a blog, I listened. I wanted to do something that could make others smile when they’re sad, write comforting words to those who need to hear them, and prove to everyone who reads this blog that the only person they need to strive to be like in life is themselves.
- Who’s you celeb crush?
- Ariana Grande, hands down. I don’t listen to pop/rap music but she is so darn cute! She also does her own thing, has her own style and owns her mistakes. Her music is seriously catchy too, and I can lip sync battle anytime with her hits and choreography.
- Who’s your role model? (can be a celebrity or someone you know)
- This may sound strange, but I don’t really have one. Growing up I really looked up to Lindsey Stirling and my dad, but now that I’m older I’ve realized that they are just people. They make mistakes, feel pain, have bad days just like I do. I’d rather put the effort I would put into pining to be like somebody else into being the best version of me.
- What’s your favorite song on the radio right now?
- Confession: I don’t listen to the radio unless its Spotify radio. And at the moment my favorite song is Legend by The Score. I’m obsessed with their new album Myths & Legends. Go give it a listen if you like Indie Rock.
That was fun! Okay…now I need to tag other blogs, so here it goes! @annewarkewriter, @meonfocus, and @wherearemypillows–here are your ten questions:
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- What’s your favorite genre of books or movies?
- What are you looking forward to most in the next ten years?
- What is something you will NEVER do again?
- What dumb accomplishment are you most proud of?
- If your childhood had a smell, what would it be?
- Among your friends and family, what are you famous for?
- When people come to you for help, what to they usually want help with?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What fictional place would you most like to visit?
Don’t feel pressured to answer or anything, but I am curious to see your answers if you choose to answer!
Enjoy the rest of your week my lovelies,